Thursday, August 16, 2007

Women are from Venus, Men are from......?

So we've all heard the famous saying Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. Why in the world are we from different planets when we're supposed to be getting together? I am having a struggle right now with this whole situation. I know that men and women are different for a reason, but come on, wouldn't the whole dating thing be much easier if for a portion of your life, you could each be from the same planet?????? All I'm asking is for men to think like women for a short time peiod so that they can understand our feelings and think about how the things they do or don't do are affecting us. I know this will never happen, but it's nice to dream about.

I found a quote from the above mentioned book, and I quite like it. I guess I'm going to try to make it something I think about before I react or assume. "We mistakenly assume that if our partners love us they will react and behave in certain ways--the ways we react and behave when we love someone."

4 comments:

Mrs. Bennett said...

I love that book too. I read it a couple years ago - it was actually "mars and venus on a date" or something like that. It was great to read and helped me to understand guys and dating them a little more. I love your posts girl!

chloe said...

Great quote...I would add that we also mistakenly assume that our partner's motivation for doing something is the same as ours. Like, if I don't return a call right away, I'm upset, but if he doesn't, it's probably just that he figures he doesn't have to because I didn't ask him to and we'll see each other later.

No, there's no one right now, but this has happened in the past.

Michelle said...

That is so true. HOWEVER - I DO think that as 2 friends (boy and girl) spend more and more time together and fall more and more in love - it SHOULD be easier to know how each other will react to certain situations - and then they can be more sensitive to each others' needs. Holicow - did I really just say that? BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH ... there - that's just as good!!! :) Sheesh - BOYS ... if we didn't love 'em so much ... oh - just use your imagination.

Love ya, Kenj. Please disregard the retarded parts of this comment (so, you know, the majority of it). Okay, I'll stop now.

M- your favorite said...

What can I say? I don't have anyone in the works so I don't really know what it's like. But I do know that it would be sooooo much easier if men did think like girls. that would be nice.