Thursday, August 23, 2007

Breaking up is hard to do

Okay, so Wade and I broke up yesterday. I will admit that I've been waiting for him to tell me what's been going on for the past two weeks! Yes, two whole weeks! I gave him opportunities to tell me what was going on, but he didn't do it. I decided that if he was the one that had issues, he should come to me and tell me. I shouldn't have to drag them out of him. So, yesterday he finally called me. He talked and I talked just like normal, and then after all the small-talk stuff was done, and after I prompted him a little, he finally spilled what he was calling for. He was calling to tell me he was done with our relationship. I won't go into any of the details, except for the fact that he told me I'm pretty, and I'm smart, and he likes my personality, he likes the time we spend together, and I have an awesome family, and blah blah blah blah, and that "all logic tells him that we should be together," but there's just something missing. Okay, whatever. All of these things just contradict the reason why you're calling!!!!!! I took my opportunity to tell him all the things I'd been thinking about over the past two weeks. They were just things that you would tell a person because you care about them, even if they are dumping you.

As a girl, I analyze almost everything! I'd formulated in my head everything that I wanted to tell him, and I did! I actually told him everything I thought he should know, or learn from this situation. He listened to me and I hope that he takes to heart the things I said to him. I don't hate him by any means, I just really hate the whole situation and I still don't really understand. And no, we can't be friends like he said. I don't see what the point is, really. I'm hurt, and I'm sad right now, but I know that I'll be okay. I know there's a reason that I have to go through this trial right now, and I'm trying to stay positive. I have been blessed with AWESOME friends and family. They care about me so much and build me up, offer great advice and support, and tell me it's going to be okay. They are all amazing examples to me and I love them so much.

6 comments:

Mrs. Bennett said...

Thanks for sharing this. Breaking up is the absolute worst thing. I'm so sorry that you are going through this Kenj! You are the coolest, sweetest, smartest, funniest and prettiest girl. You are so strong and you can pull through this - but I know it just plain sucks right now. You deserve someone better and you'll find him, I have no doubt! Love you girl!

Mrs. Bennett said...

Oh - one more thing. I'm so glad that you told him everything you wanted to on the phone. So many times, after any breakup - I'd wish I'd said so many things, and either didn't have the courage, or didn't think of it. Hooray for you!

Kendra said...

Thanks Michelle, I'm really glad I said what I said too. I can't imagine feeling as good as I do today if I hadn't said them.

Michelle said...

Kendra - that IS hard. I hope you feel better and better. You're in my thoughts.

chloe said...

Do you think boys say "we can be friends" because it makes them feel better? Because they want to have their cake and eat it, too?

When it's mutual, I think it's possible to be friends, but generally, I say what's the point, too.

Good luck. I hate breaking up.

M- your favorite said...

OOH Kenj-I am sorry about the whole thing. I know it sucks, but you will get through it. I'm glad we have each other to talk to. I am so glad that you are part of my life. What would I do without you? All I know is that you are the BEST!! I am soooo lucky that you are my friend. So thanks for always being there for me. You are the best!