Monday, August 6, 2007

Dad turns 50!!!




We had an awesome day with Dad on his 50th! After church, Mom made an amazing meal of steak, bacon-wrapped chicken, and even shrimp! Wow, are we ever lucky that Dad had a birthday. Mom decided it would be fun to have a party and invited several of Dad's friends, so Sunday night we had cake and ice cream and celebrated. The cake was awesome, don't you think? Wade made the cake and thought it would be fun to build a mountain and put a lake on it as well. It was pretty much one of the coolest cakes I've ever seen and it was delicious too! He even put real Bear Lake raspberry jam inside! We had tons of fun together and played Bacci a few times too since Jackie and Shea gave that to Dad as a gift. I must say, it was a pretty fun day!

2 comments:

M- your favorite said...

I love the cake! It's so awesome! I am glad that you had a great time with the fam. It's good to see you home once in awhile! I miss you when your gone!!

Michelle said...

Okay, first of all - that cake is AMAZING!!!! I'm speechless ... are you being serious that a BOY made that? haha. So cool. Sounds like a rockin' party!