Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Cousins at Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving Day we 6 cousins all got together before dinner. Becky, Leah, Chalyse, Jackie, Me and Lindsey. Aunt Sherrie took this pic of all of us girls just hanging out before dinner. It's a fun tradition that we have to go to Grandma Rob's each year for Thanksgiving. This is my 27th year going to Grandma's and I can't even imagine how weird it would be not to go to there. We always have a delicious meal and everyone has their favorite things. Jackie and Chalyse always look forward to Grandma's candied yams, and even though others don't admit it like I do, I love the "Cranberry Sunset" salad that Aunt Shirley makes. We always go around the table and each person gets to share something that they're thankful for and of course, we Hansen girls ALWAYS shed tears. There's just something about seeing your sister or mom cry that brings the tears to the surface almost instantaneously! I love Thanksgiving and look forward to the opportunity to remember all the things that I've been blessed with. I hope I can become better at remembering those things that I have been given and be more grateful! What a wonderful holiday!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my heck, your blog is so cute! I haven't looked at it in a while (sorry) and I love it. I'm glad you got to spend time with your family, just like me. Thanksgiving is a great holiday. I'm thankful for you Kenj! Love ya!

Michelle said...

What an awesome tradition! 27 years - that's fantastic! I have GOT to try that Cranberry Sunset Salad. That SOUNDS heavenly! Sure missin' ya! I feel like I haven't seen you in awhile. Hope you can come over Monday night! Love.