Sunday, November 18, 2007

Jimmy Johnson Takes it Again!

So Jimmy Johnson got his second Nextel Cup Series Title! I must say I'm glad for Jimmy, even though I'm still a Dale Jr. fan. Next year will be interesting when these two are actually teammates.

I'm excited for Jr. to start fresh next year and drive decent cars.
I'm just sad that he wasn't able to keep his number. Lame that his step mom wouldn't let him take it. Whatever, who would want to take over his number anyway? He has currently been running the No. 8 because his grandfather had used that number, but didn't realize that Ralph Earnhardt also raced the 88 once - in the 1957 Virginia 500 at Martinsville Speedway for Petty Enterprises. So, he'll be running the 88 next year with new sponsors: Mountain Dew AMP energy drink and National Guard; AMP will appear on the car in 20 of 36 races next year with National Guard on the other 16 races. He has a 5 year contract with Hendrick Motorsports. Let's just hope that next year will be a good one for Hendrick Motorsports like it was this year and last! I'm looking forward to the Daytona 500 on February 15, 2008!

2 comments:

M- your favorite said...

GO JR!!!

I think I am becoming more of his fan then Casey Kane-you never hear about him anymore.

LAME!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a fan! Very cute.