Monday, March 3, 2008

It's Official.....

I'm going to Italy! Yes, you heard right, Italy! One of my best friends, Amanda, invited me to go last month and we've spent the past two weeks planning the trip. One of the best things is that my mom gets to come too! How cool is that? Amanda's husband and parents will be coming too. I really think it's going to be a great trip for us, and now that we've bought the tickets, it's really real! We are going to leave May 1st and fly in to Venice. We will visit Venice, Florence, Rome, and Sorrento, with several day trips from those four main places. We also bought our train passes on Saturday, and we only have one more city to book hotels in. After that's done, we get to do the fun part and plan what we want to see while we're there. We fly back on May 14, so we'll get a good 12 days of sight-seeing in while we're there. It's really a dream com from true for me. I'm going to Italy, me, a girl from little old Garden City, Utah, is going to Europe! I still can't really believe that it's true! One of the places that I'm most excited to see is the Amalfi Coast. Here's a great picture of it. Isn't it beautiful? If anyone has been to Italy and has any suggestions, let me know. I'm now starting my count down for the trip. We're under two months now!

11 comments:

Mrs. Bennett said...

That will be SO FUN! Italy is definitely on my list of places to see. You will have to take a ton of pictures and write all about it when you get back. Lucky!

jackie said...

I'm so excited for you and Mom! Just seeing that pic makes me jealous. It reminds me of a place in a movie that I've seen. I don't remember the movie though. So it must be one of the big attractions. You guys will have so much fun and I'm glad you are taking advantage of this opportunity! And what fun people to go with! I think you should put a countdown on your blog! It will make you more excitd and everyone else more jealous! Love ya!

McCabe Family said...

Hey, I just saw your comment on my blog. Blogging sure seems to make the world a lot smaller. It sound like you are enjoying life and the trip sounds amazing. Hope all is well for you!
Cami

Michelle said...

Wow, Kenj! That is just so amazingly exciting. What a fabulous opportunity. Have fun!

M- your favorite said...

Kenj- I am so Jealous! I can't believe that you are going. What am I going to do for 2 week with you gone? No I am so happy for you! I think you are going to have the best time. I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it. You are so lucky! Love you M

Donna said...

I was so excited for you when you told me that you had a chance to go to Italy. I told you that it was a great opportunity and that you shouldn't pass it up! Now you are actually going! When you invited me to go I was a little hesitant and then you reminded me of what I told you and YES now I'm excited to go with you and the rest of the goup. Thanks for inviting your "little old Mom"

Douglass Family said...

DUDE! I am so jealous! I hope you have a seriously awesome time! PS ... Your Jazz post is getting me SO excited! 1 week from Wed we will be going to the Jazz vs. Lakers game using the tickets we won at the C-mas party! Maybe we will see you there :) If not ... I will make sure to bring Bryson in on Friday!
HUGS
Mandy

Vanessa Jane said...

jealous!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Heya - just wanted to drop by and say THANK YOU SO MUCH!! You are such an amazing friend/sister. :) Love you so many. Thanks again and again.

Ashlee said...

are you serious? i am SOOO jealous! you're going to have to extensively blog about it when you get home so i can feel like i got to go too!!

Mrs. Bennett said...

Um, when you gonna start blogging again?