Monday, September 10, 2007

Austenland


I know it seems like I've been a bit obsessed with Jane Austen lately, but her love stories are so great! Sarah lent me the book, Austenland, and I loved it! It was such a fun story and made me really, really want a boyfriend, but it was good nonetheless. I would recommend reading the book to anyone who loves Jane Austen! I haven't gone as far as Melynda yet with her whole Austenland experience. She's been dreaming about living in the times of Jane Austen. Interesting!

3 comments:

jackie said...

You'll be suprised, but I've started reading Grandma Shirley's books. I just finished Forever After, the one about Dev. It was hard to read since it's still only been a few months since he's passed away. But it was good and it makes me realize all of the hardships he went through in his life weren't easy, but definately worth it. I'm now going to start Beginning of Forever, the one about his sister Judy.

Michelle said...

Yeah - I'm excited too! I'm down to number 68 on hold at the library. Haha. Maybe I should look for a copy to borrow ... or buy, eh?

Course - I don't know if I could survive a dream such as Melynda's. Will I be safe if I read it? :)

M- your favorite said...

HEY- My dream was crazy! But I am also reading P & P- so I have been wraped up in the 1819's. OOH I do love it! I have always loved Jane Austen. She is such a great writer.